“FUTURE OF BLOCKCHAIN“ 2019
By participating in the “Future of Blockchain” 2019 Sweepstakes (the Sweepstakes), entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor (as identified below), which are final and binding for all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
NO PURCHASE, ENTRY FEE OR OTHER PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THE SWEEPSTAKES. MAKING A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
The Sweepstakes is open to any individual who is a legal resident of the United States and at least 18 years of age, as of the date of entry. Employees of the Restricted Group, and their immediate family members and household members are not eligible to enter or win the Sweepstakes. The winner may be required in Sponsor’s sole discretion to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility, liability release and (where lawful) publicity release, and to complete relevant tax forms, as a condition to the delivery of the Prize. The Restricted Group means the Sponsor and Universal Studios and their respective affiliates, and all agencies and other entities involved with the development, promotion, advertising or administration of the Sweepstakes.
THE SWEEPSTAKES IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR OTHERWISE RESTRICTED BY LAW OR WHERE BONDING, REGISTRATION, OR OTHER REQUIREMENTS WOULD BE REQUIRED BUT HAVE NOT BEEN MET, OR WHERE THE METHODS OF ENTRY SET FORTH BELOW WOULD BE DEEMED CONSIDERATION. ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS APPLY.
The Sweepstakes begins on January 1, 2019 at 12:01 AM, US Eastern Standard Time and ends on March 31, 2019 at 11:59 PM, US Eastern Standard Time (Entry Period).
HOW TO ENTER.
No purchase, entry fee or other payment is necessary to participate in the Sweepstakes. If you are eligible to enter (as described above), then you will be entered into the Sweepstakes automatically when you complete and submit the “Future of Blockchain” survey, which may be accessed at http://futureofblockchain.org. You may take the survey only once. However, if you complete and submit the survey and then share it on Twitter (click-to-tweet) or LinkedIn, while tagging Underscore VC, you will be entered 3 times into the Sweepstakes. Or you may enter the Sweepstakes using the Alternative Method of Entry (AMOE) described below. Regardless of the method of entry, an individual may be entered into the Sweepstakes no more than 3 times and individuals who gain more than 3 entries may be disqualified.
Sponsor expressly reserves the right to disqualify any entries that it believes, in good faith, are generated by an automated program or via scripts.
ALTERNATIVE METHOD OF ENTRY.
You may also enter the Sweepstakes by mail as follows. On a plain 3″ x 5″ index card, legibly handprint or type your first name, last name, date of birth, complete address (including zip code), complete phone number (including area code, and hours when you can be contacted at that number), and email address, and then mail (postage-paid) your completed 3″ x 5″ card to: “Future of Blockchain” 2019 Sweepstakes, Underscore.VC Management Company, LLC, 45 School Street, 2nd Floor, Boston, MA 02108. To be considered eligible, AMOE entries must be postmarked and received by Sponsor before the end of the Entry Period. Each fully completed AMOE entry received will be considered as one Sweepstakes entry for that entrant. For avoidance of doubt, each AMOE entry counts toward the limit of 3 entries per person specified above.
One randomly-selected winner will be awarded a prize in the form of a payment equal to 0.2019 multiplied by the value of one Bitcoin, calculated as of the date the winner is selected (the Prize). As of 23 January 2019, the Prize would have an approximate value of US$716.75.
In no event shall the Sponsor be obligated to award any prize other than the Prize specified in these Official Rules. The Prize is non-transferable and no substitutions are permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater monetary value if the Prize described above should become unavailable for any reason. The winner shall be responsible and liable for any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes, fees and surcharges, domestic and foreign, related to receiving the Prize.
To receive a complete list of winners or a copy of these Official Rules, send your written request by mail (postage-paid), together with a self-addressed stamped envelope to “Future of Blockchain” 2019 Sweepstakes, Underscore.VC Management Company, LLC, 45 School Street, 2nd Floor, Boston, MA 02108. Your request must specify whether you wish to receive a copy of these Official Rules, the list of winners or both, and must be received by Sponsor within thirty (30) days after the end of the Entry Period.
Please allow about 4 weeks to complete all arrangements related to the Prize.
SELECTION OF WINNER.
On or about April 15th, 2019, the Prize winner will be chosen at random from all entries of eligible entrants received during the Entry Period. The total number of entries from eligible entrants determines the odds of winning.
As soon as practicable after the winner is selected, he or she will be notified by email; provided, however, that Sponsor reserves the right to determine an alternate method of notification. The winner must claim the Prize within 10 days after the date of notification, and may be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility, liability release and (where lawful) publicity release within the 10-day period. If the person who is identified as the winner is unreachable, or declines the Prize, or fails to respond to the Prize notice in the manner instructed by the Sponsor within the 10-day period, or is found to have violated these Official Rules, then such potential winner shall forfeit the Prize and, at Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate winner may be selected from the pool of entries from eligible entrants. If an entrant is found to be ineligible, an alternate winner may be selected. The winner will be publicly announced on or about April 30th, 2019.
The Sweepstakes will be conducted under the supervision of the Sponsor according to these Official Rules. The decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding for all matters relating to the Sweepstakes, including selection of the winner.
GENERAL CONDITIONS AND RELEASES.
- Any entrant or the winner may be disqualified from the Sweepstakes if he or she fails to comply with each provision of these Official Rules, as determined in the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
- Participation in the Sweepstakes is at the entrant’s own risk. Sponsor shall not be liable for:
- Any attempt to notify the winner that fails or is returned or misdirected as a result of inaccurate or incomplete information provided in their entry;
- Entries and responses to winner notifications that are lost, stolen, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, postage-due, misdirected, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient, in whole or in part, for any reason;
- Any electronic miscommunications or failures, hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions, which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in the Sweepstakes;
- Any technical malfunctions of the telecommunications network, on-line system, computer equipment, software, program malfunctions or other failures, delayed computer transactions or network connections that are human, mechanical or technical in nature, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer in connection with the Sweepstakes; or
- Any warranty with respect to the Prize or any aspect thereof. THE PRIZE IS AWARDED “AS IS” AND “WHERE IS,” AND SPONSOR DOES NOT MAKE ANY, AND HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL, REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND REGARDING THE PRIZE.
- If you are a winner, then unless prohibited by applicable law, your acceptance of the Prize constitutes:
- Your permission to use your name and address (city and state) and testimonials (if any) in all media, in perpetuity, in any manner Sponsor deems appropriate for publicity purposes, without any compensation to you and without granting you any review or approval rights or notifications; and
- Your consent to disclose your name and address (city and state) to third parties (including, without limitation, placing your name on the list of winners).
- By entering the Sweepstakes or by claiming the Prize, you agree to grant and do hereby grant to Sponsor (and its affiliates, successors and assigns) the perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, transferable, worldwide right and license (with right to sublicense) to transmit, broadcast, distribute and otherwise use, commercialize and exploit your survey results, in whole or in part, in any medium or technology (whether now known or hereafter conceived), in connection with its business.
- By entering the Sweepstakes or by claiming the Prize, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and to conform to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. When applicable, to be eligible to receive the Prize, the winner may be required to execute and return (and winning the Prize may be conditioned upon the winner executing and returning) to Sponsor, within 7 days after receipt, an affidavit of eligibility, liability release and (where lawful) publicity release drafted by Sponsor (and any relevant tax forms), or an alternate winner will be selected. The winner may also be required to furnish proof of identity, residency and age in order to receive the Prize.
- By entering the Sweepstakes or by claiming the Prize, you agree to release and do hereby release and hold harmless the Sponsor and the other members of the Restricted Group, their respective affiliates, officers, directors, employees, attorneys, agents and representatives from any damage, injury, death, loss, claim, action, demand, or other liability (collectively, Claims) that may arise from your acceptance, possession and/or use of the Prize or your participation in the Sweepstakes, or from any misuse, malfunction or defect in any Prize awarded, regardless of whether such Claims, or knowledge of the facts constituting such Claims, exist at the time of entry or arise at any time thereafter.
- Any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with the Sweepstakes will be ineligible for the Prize and may be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Sponsor reserves the right to modify these Official Rules in any way or at any time. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the Sweepstakes should viruses, bugs or other causes beyond its reasonable control affect the administration, security or proper operation of the Sweepstakes. In the event of cancellation or suspension, Sponsor shall promptly post notices online.
- The Sweepstakes shall be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, without regard to its conflicts of laws provisions. By entering the Sweepstakes, you agree that any dispute or litigation arising from or relating to the Sweepstakes shall be determined by binding arbitration only in Boston, MA by and under the Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures of JAMS, and judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Sponsor may seek equitable relief in any court of competent jurisdiction. If any provision of the Official Rules is held to be illegal or unenforceable, such provision shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that the Official Rules otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable.
- NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING ELSE HEREIN OR OTHERWISE, NEITHER THE SPONSOR NOR ANY MEMBER OF THE RESTRICTED GROUP OR THEIR VENDORS SHALL BE LIABLE OR OBLIGATED WITH RESPECT TO ANY SUBJECT MATTER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES OR OFFICIAL RULES OR UNDER CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY FOR (A) ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, RELIANCE OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF REVENUE, GOODWILL, OR ANTICIPATED PROFITS), (B) LOSS OF DATA OR COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES OR (C) ANY MATTER BEYOND SPONSOR’S REASONABLE CONTROL.
The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Underscore.VC Management Company, LLC, 45 School Street, 2nd Floor, Boston, MA 02108 (Sponsor).